Thursday, February 6, 2014

DIY Baby Bedding - Bumpers

These are very time consuming and a little frustrating, but well worth it! It's way cheaper than buying the bedding (depending on the fabric you choose).  Here are the instructions that come in the bumper pads. 


This is what the bumper pads look like.
The bumper pads are $30, but you can catch them on sale or use a coupon and get them for around $15-20. I have gotten them at both hobby lobby and Hancock fabric. 

You will want to follow the instructions exactly. I personally wanted my ties longer so I bought a 1/2 yard more tie fabric. The ties were the hardest for me to sew because me and my machine kept having issues. :-) Other than that the bottom part of the bumper pad when I was done was a little sketchy, but no one but you will know! Well unless you have noisy family members that want to critic it. (We all have them!) I just sewed the bottom the best I could, but most of mine are not perfect at all.  If you have any questions comment and I will try to help. :-) Enjoy! 

Here are my finished projects!




No comments:

Post a Comment